Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Gerald the Gallbladder

Gerald the Gallbladder is no more. His havoc wreaking days inside Matt's abdomen are over. Gerald, I can't say that I'll miss you, or the pain you've caused my loving husband!




Matt went in for surgery today. Just your average gallbladder removal that is done all the time by many surgeons around the world. But for me, it wasn't just a surgery that most of Americans have. It was my best friend going in for surgery. It was the girl's Daddy. It was me being worried and nervous that everything would be alright. It was waiting in the waiting room anticipating the good news that he was okay. It was the slight chance that something could go wrong. It wasn't just a surgery for me. 

I know that many friends and family prayed for him-- for us, that everything would go well. I have often wondered if my prayers for others are felt by them. I have heard people mention that they could feel people praying for them while they were going through trying times, and always wondered how you could actually feel a prayer being said on your behalf. 

Today, I can say with a surety, that I have felt your love and prayers for us today. I am overwhelmed to tears, because I can literally feel all of your prayers for Matt and I and our family. I feel it through the Holy Ghost, that warm and comforting feeling of unyielding love. I know that many prayers have been offered for us today, and that is such an amazing thing. Thank you for your love, your support, and prayers. This may have seemed like a little thing, but for us, it was huge. Big or small, God listens. 

 I know that God hears and answers prayers. He wants to send us angels, and feelings of comfort administered through the Holy Ghost. He is real. He loves us, more than we could possibly comprehend. I know it because I feel it so strongly within my being. 

Matt is now in the recovery room, doing great and waking up from anesthesia. Saying that I am grateful that he's okay is an understatement. I never want to imagine going through this life without him. He is my rock, my hero, and my best friend. Going through this surgery with him, has deepened my love and appreciation for this wonderful man. 

We will be leaving the hospital soon, to go home and let Matt recover. He has the Xbox hooked up in our bedroom, so he should be happily entertained between sleeping and recovering. 

Here's to a happy gallbladder-less future for Matty!! 

Love you all

xoxo
The Twistles


No comments:

Post a Comment