Monday, July 22, 2013

Cousin TLC

The last few weeks has been packed full of cousin fun.

Emma hung out with Jessica and Mitch overnight while Matt and I had a night away...

We saw all of Emma's cousins at Olivia's birthday party...

Sophia came over for a few hours to play...

... and then for Olivia's actual birthday, Nicole invited all the girl cousins to a "girls day" at Sherman Kendall Academy. Sara, Jessica, Sophia, Olivia, and Emma all had their hair, nails, and makeup done. It was a great time, and so fun to see all the girls together. 


oh my gosh, as if Sophie wasn't already adorable, she had to pull out this gem. SO. CUTE.


The two princess' were hiding in their pillow fortress...





"cheese!!"
 I asked the girls to say cheese, and Emma started doing her fake laugh, which made Sophie laugh, which made Emma AND Sophie laugh. The pictures below were the end result. Sophia looks like she's been told the funniest joke in the whole world!






Cousins <3

Girls Day!







This Mama was shocked Emma let a stranger touch her. Must have been the makeup that convinced her.



What the boys did... safe to say they were entertained.
These guys are total buds.

Shannen, the Charlotte baby whisperer. She literally whispered her to sleep...
Birthday girl!
Cousins :) with everyone snapping their cameras, somebody had to have gotten a better picture than this, right?


This last week I've been feeling so grateful for my family. I have always loved my brother's and my sister, and I cherish the friendships we've created over the years. Through all my mistakes and trials, my family has never once made me feel inadequate of their love. When I was going through my separation, my family was always there. You see, that's how we were raised-- to always support one another no matter what. We went to each other's sports games, recitals, school events, church talks, etc. We have our awesome Mom to thank for that, because now, as an adult, I still get excited to support them in all that they do. I wouldn't want to miss out on any of their major life events, because it's what we've always done, and will always continue to do. 

Recently, I have had the impression that I need to take advantage of the fact that we live so close to one another. I have never really stopped to think about how lucky I am that we are in the same state, but as of late, I realize how truly blessed I've been to have my family around me. I have especially felt that I need to utilize this summer in spending time with them. So family, you may be getting more calls from us to hang out this summer, we are going to make some good memories together.

In my patriarchal blessing, one of the first lines state that Heavenly Father wants me to know, that it is not by chance that this special family is part of my eternal family. 

I feel with all my being that this is true. I feel so eternally connected to my siblings; it's a bond that I would fail at explaining to others. I just love them, so much that it brings me to tears when I think about my love for them. It has brought me so much joy to see our children play and become close, and I look forward to those relationships getting stronger through the years. 

I am so thankful for the light and happiness that has come back into my life since I have returned to church. I used to live life so selfishly, not ever thinking about my family and their life events. The support that was ingrained in us as kids, was nonexistent in my life back then. I missed out on so much. I am so glad I have had a second chance in life, because who knows where I'd be if I had continued down that selfish road. 

Thank you all for your love and support for me through the years, no matter what. I have always known you were there, rooting for me to succeed. I love you all so much.

Here's to a summer full of family fun! 

xoxo
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Does that mean you will be coming all the way up to Idaho? We would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! We would love to come up, and Matt's doing really well at work, so I think next month we can come up!

    ReplyDelete