Sunday, March 4, 2012

Here We Go Again...

I found out the day before Valentine's Day that I am pregnant! What a gift to Matt, right? I went out and bought a cute shirt for Emma that says, "Big Sister" and put it on her and walked with her out to the living room for Matt to see. He didn't get it at first, but when I showed him the test he looked at me in shock and excitement. I am about 7 weeks along, and for the last few weeks since finding out, I have felt fine. No sickness, no tiredness, nothing. I was having a hard time convincing myself that I was pregnant, because I just had no signs (besides the obvious of the test). 

Well, let me just tell you, that wonderful time is over. Last week, the heartburn, nausea, and extreme fatigue settled right in and made itself comfortable. It doesn't seem to be leaving anytime soon, either.

This is all I want to do:





 This is what I still have to do:



Still working 30 hours a week
Matt has really been helping with the cleaning and Emma






This is how I feel, all day every day:












This is what I eat:










I have been having so much more food aversions than I did with Emma. Nothing sounds good, and anytime I think of food, delicious or not, I want to vomit. The sick, "throw up" taste in my mouth is there when I wake up every morning, and lasts all day until bedtime. 

So what I have learned, is that my pregnancy with Emma and everything about her, was a huge blessing-- and may never happen again!! I wasn't sick with Emma, the fatigue was bad but I was able to sleep whenever I wanted, and even my little Emma is easy! 


We were blessed not to have to try for very long, only a month or two. Matt reminds me that it is something we should be thankful for, and it truly is. There are many people I know who have been trying for a very long time, and have not gotten pregnant. I can't imagine how hard that must be, and my heart goes out to all of you who fit into that category. I know that God has a plan for all of us, and if we keep his commandments we will be blessed with the desires of our hearts-- even if it does take longer than we'd like, or it doesn't happen how we'd like it to.

Well, I am off to pop a few Tums, eat a few crackers, take a sip of some ginger ale, and then take a nap. The weekends are great, because Matt takes care of Emma while I nap. He's the best husband in the world. 

Here we go again!

xoxo
The Twistles






No comments:

Post a Comment