Thursday, February 23, 2012

Birthday Party Planning Committee



As a Mom, you volunteer yourself to be on the birthday party planning committee. Now, 6 months away, it may not seem like such a big deal. You plan to order some balloons, make or order a cake, and let the kids do their thing. The anxiety hits when you realize the party is oh, 2 days away, and you don't really know what you're going to do, or what the theme of the party will be, and you start to see that it is definitely a big deal.

Hi, that's me right now, and if I make it through this weekend successfully, I deserve chocolate every day for a week! (Don't worry, I'll treat myself)

Time, it's TIME that is my enemy right now. I haven't had the time until today, to sit down and really think about what I'm going to do. I am so busy at work, and I have good intentions of trying to plan things on my lunch break, but it doesn't happen... because I have been too busy at work to take a lunch break! Working 10 hour days is killer, because I get home just in time to feed Emma, do bath time, and get her to bed. Then I go to sleep to do it all over again. So normally, I would use my Friday off to buy and make and prepare everything. But I have thrown something else into the mix, and that is Emma's 1 year old birthday pictures. So getting it all done tomorrow is not realistic either. I am already so anxious about how her pictures will turn out, and if she will be happy or not, etc...that when I get home, I may just need to DE-stress from that whole experience.

Yep. I'm venting. Not sure how it will all turn out. Is it bad form to just skip the first birthday party all together? *sigh*

I will most likely end up wandering the aisles of Walmart at 10 p.m. on Friday night, trying to find everything I need, and then come home and prepare and bake until my eyes are so bloodshot they pop out of their sockets. (too much?)

First Birthdays are fun! 



xoxo 
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment