Sunday, January 2, 2011

6 weeks to go...

 I haven't taken any belly pictures for awhile, so I thought I would take some and put them up before she's out of there! I am 8 months prego (34 weeks) and can't believe she's coming in February. I have definitely started to panic just a bit, because I don't have anything ready besides what family and friends have given us. Matt and I don't even have a hospital "grab and go" bag ready yet! We will get that done soon for sure, just in case she comes early. We have lots of girl clothes already, thanks to my sis in law and sister, and the crib and car seat/stroller are ready, minus the crib bedding. I hope she doesn't come as early as January, because nothing will be ready! I have a couple baby showers this month, so that will help for sure. 

I am also looking for someone who can watch Emma if/when I go back to work. I don't want to take her to daycare, and would much rather prefer to take her to someone's home whom I trust. I am thinking after my maternity leave, I will go back part-time and work 30 hours a week to keep my insurance benefits. I will probably be working Tues/Thurs/Fridays, 10 hour days, or I might work 4 days a week and split up my 30 hours that way. But I am still on the lookout for someone, so if you know of anyone let me know :) I don't know what our financial situation will be, since I won't be working, so I don't think the pay will be awesome- maybe like $10 or $15 a day, but that adds up if it's every month. 

 I reserved a temple date for our sealing! We are getting sealed on March 26th, 2011 at 12:00 p.m. in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. I think I am most excited for this, especially since we will have little Emma with us in our arms for the sealing. I love to think that come March, our family will be together forever, even after we leave this earth. I get to be with Matt and all of our children for eternity, and that is such a great blessing! Words can't describe how amazing this will be for our family, I have looked forward to getting sealed to Matt for all eternity ever since we started dating. He is truly the best man a girl could ask for- he is patient, loving, and always takes care of me. Now we will be an eternal family, which is such an important goal to achieve here on earth. 


Matt and I were called to be primary teachers in our ward, and we are pretty excited. We will be teaching the 6 year-old class and start today! I love that the church has made it so easy for teachers these days. We got our teacher's manual, and it lines out the lesson so perfectly, we don't really have to do much besides teach it to the children! There is a perfect flow from one subject to the next, and you can tell it's divine in nature. Today the lesson is on choosing the right, and we can't wait to teach! I know some people get discouraged by being in Primary, or being teachers, but I think it's one of the best callings you can get- to teach God's children of his son, Jesus Christ, and help them to build their own testimonies and watch them grow. Absolutely amazing.



Last but not least, I get my car back tomorrow! If any of you haven't heard, the Tuesday before Christmas, I was hit in my car as I was going through a 4 way stop. Luckily I wasn't hurt at all, the driver hit me as I was almost through the intersection, so my passenger door and tire took the brunt of it. I took it to the shop (his insurance is covering all damages) about a week ago, and they told me it would be ready tomorrow!! Oh, I am so excited. I have had to drive this around for the past week:





















 It's not the worst rental in the world, but it's close! The good thing that I can say about this car, is that because it's so heavy, it did really well during the snow storms we just had. I'm not a big fan of two door vehicles, and especially these because the doors are SO heavy, it was hard for my pregnant body to push the door open. I will be happy to return it tomorrow, and get my Mazda back. It seems like my car has been in an accident every year, I am hoping that 2011 will be an accident free year!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww, what a cute prego belly! I'm glad you are excited about Primary- I love it too. I may not feel the spirit every week in Primary because the kids can get a little rowdy, but when I do it's amazing! Hopefully you will get everything you need for the baby this month and be totally ready. Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis, I'm about ready to pop. Looking forward to the days where rolling from one side to the next doesn't make me feel like an overweight walrus! Our first primary lesson went really well! Sharing time was quite rowdy, those little sunbeams have so much energy! Thanks for all the stuff you have given me for the baby, it really helps! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! I'm excited for you to enjoy holding her in your arms instead of on your bladder! I'm also very excited that you and Matt and Emma get to be sealed forever so soon. You're a beautiful family that deserves eternal love and harmony. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete